Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Winslow Indian Health Care Center
Winlsow, AZ 86047 United States
Full Time, exempt position
Under general supervision of the Chief Pharmacist, the Staff Pharmacist is responsible for supporting the maintenance of high quality, professional and cost effective pharmacy services for WIHCC.
• Filling accurately prescriptions and OTC medication and provide education to patients
• Performs final audit on prescriptions filled by the technicians.
• Under protocol, initiate, adjust, monitor, and recommend changes in drug therapy based on information obtained through patient interviews, objective monitoring parameters, review of drug profiles and the patient medical record.
• Provides patient monitoring for the purpose of evaluating and optimizing patient outcomes, drug utilization and patient including predictable actions, side effects, reasons for proper compliance, and any special instruction.
• Responds to inquiries concerning drug contents, dosages, regimen reviews, errors, storage and disposal, and biological
• Provides education to providers and staff via presentations, drug utilization reviews
• supports pharmacy administration in developing goals to achieve a high and consistent level of service
• Planning, developing and implementing pharmacy policies and procedures; training, developing and supervising ancillary Pharmacy Staff
• Attend department meetings and other assigned meetings
• Supports compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education, training, experience:
-Graduate of an accredited school of Pharmacy and Licensed by a State Board of Pharmacy.
-Valid Driver’s License
-Must have a working knowledge of federal laws and regulations regarding controlled substances.
-Knowledgeable of Pharmacy Accreditation Standards and Requirements for Ambulatory Health Care Organizations.
-Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, doctors and coworkers.
-Ability to manage time effectively.
-Basic computer skills
-Demonstrates leadership skills and creativity in problem solving.
**Must be able to pass full background check
Terms & Conditions